Pat Fleming will be staging his second International 9-Ball Open once again at the Sheraton Waterside Hotel in Norfolk, Virginia USA.
This will be the fifth straight year that the Sheraton will be hosting a major global 9-Ball event. As in the past, the Sheraton will provide all of the creature comforts that you would expect from a world class hotel. Discounted rates on hotel rooms are offered for spectators as well as for
contestants. An assortment of meal options will be available including food stations in the ballroom and full course menus in their City Dock Norfolk restaurant.
Quick International 9-Ball Open Details
- Play Dates: October 28-November 2, 2019 (Monday thru Saturday: only six days)
- Size of Field: 128 players maximum
- Added Money: $50,000. Entry Fee: $1,000
- First Prize: $30,000. Pays 32 places.
- Format: Double Elimination, Race to 11. Finals to 13.
- Site: Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
- Discounted Hotel Room Rate: $109.00 plus tax for a single or double
- Vendor Booths on site for your billiard supply needs
- Sanctioned by: World Pool Association (WPA)
- Mosconi Cup points awarded
- Pay-Per-View by Accu-Stats Video Productions
- Fox Sports International for TV exposure
- Live Scoring by AZ Billiards
- Diamond Pool Tables, Simonis Cloth, and Aramith Balls
- Tournament Websites: www.international9ballopen.com and www.accu-stats.com
- TV Arena Seat Reservations available.
SOME IMPROVEMENTS OVER 2018:
- The event will be six days long instead of seven. It saves everybody money.
- $250 entry fee deposits will be accepted. Last year, you had to pay once in full.
- The Mosconi points will be the first event for 2020. Everyone starts at zero.
- $40,000 more spread for 3rd thru 23rd place. More money for twenty-one players.
- Sixteen qualifying tournaments around the world. More chances to win entry.
- With a full field, $178,000 purse versus $162,000 last year. You’ll win more money.
- See the money distribution below:
The $50,000 in added money insures that the event will be sanctioned by the WPA as a Tier 3 event awarding WPA points to the high finishers. The projected $178,000 in prize money will be deposited into a Bank of America account in Norfolk, VA. This Bank of America (walking distance) will gladly cash prize money checks provided proper identification is presented.
The Behrman’s Q-Master Billiards is a short distance away and will accommodate attendees with yet another option for pool tables and restaurants.
ENTER AS A CONTESTANT NOW:
There are several ways to pay your $1,000 entry fee. They are:
- Mail check or money order payable to: The International 9-Ball Open and mail to: The International 9-Ball Open, PO Box 299, Bloomingdale, New Jersey 07403
- Pay online with a debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Pay at the tournament site with money order or cash (only if the field is not full).
- OR you may pay a non-refundable entry fee deposit of $250:
RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM NOW ($109 Discount Rate, single/double):
RESERVE TV ARENA SEATS:
Any Questions? Contact: Pat Fleming
International 9-Ball Open PO Box 299
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403